Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Turkey Chili Night


Earlier I put on a crock pot of turkey chili. I love chili, especially out of a crock pot! It's got to be one of my favorite foods. It has protein, fiber, and lots of nutrients in it. I toss in a lot of onion and green peppers into mine. It gives it such a good flavor, though some chili spice packages don't call for those.

Here's the ingredients I use for my chili:

1 lb ground turkey, cooked
1 package of McCormick's Chili Seasoning
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 medium green popper, chopped
6-8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 15 oz cans of pinto beans

I toss all those ingredients into the crock pot on low, and I let it simmer for a good 5 or 6 hours. It makes the meat really tender. It's a big hit with my family too.

No comments:

Post a Comment