Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Vegetarian Dish Tonight

For dinner tonight I went all vegetarian. I liked to do that on occasion and venture away from meat. I try to do it a couple nights a week, but I'm sure a lot of us know how hard that can be for meat lovers. I don't need meat, but my husband loves it. I actually went almost a year without consuming it, and I found many different alternatives. Sadly, I've never gone into trying tofu. It's not that I'm afraid of trying it. I'm afraid of cooking it. I've heard so many stories about if you don't know how to cook tofu it won't taste very good. I'm going to go over that bridge soon and give tofu a try. Especially now that I have a huge vegetarian cookbook that my mother-in-law bought me for Christmas.

Onto tonight's dinner - I'd like to tell you all that two of the items on my plate were bought from Sam's Club. One was stuffed shells. These shells are kind of large, so I only eat one, which is the recommended serving size. One shell is 260 calories, which isn't bad. Now, the other item I purchased from Sam's Club is freshly diced butternut squash. The squash is diced and packaged in the refrigerator section - it is not a frozen item. It's completely fresh. I tossed the squash into a dish with a tablespoon or two of water and put it in the microwave for the time it said on the package. After it was done I tossed it into my Ninja blender and voila. I didn't add anything to it. It tastes wonderful! The last item on my plate was just some romaine lettuce and cucumbers. My husband is a very picky eater and loved all of it, so it was a huge success in my household.



There's a little picture of my nice dinner combination.

I'd like to add that I've been reading Chalene Johnson's book called PUSH. She speaks about organizing your refrigerator and cupboards. I'm slowly getting myself into this. The cucumber I bought was rather huge, so I diced up the whole thing and tossed it into a clear plastic container then refrigerated it. It was a quick and easy. It's one last step I have to take to make the next salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment