Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Too Many Diet Restrictions...

Is it just me or are there too many diet restrictions out there? I just read an article today that stated "High Protein, Low Carb Diet Causes Colon Cancer". Lovely. Another problem to add to my list of diet problems.. Or is it that the media finds something out and rips it apart? I believe the government might have a hand in some diets as well.

Currently I am reading a book called Breaking the Food Seduction: The Hidden Reasons Behind Food Cravings---And 7 Steps to End Them Naturally by Neal D. Barnard, M.D. He works out of D.C. He said you would be surprised the products added into fast food meals and sweets. It's all about making the consumer return. He's all about eating alternative foods to meat. He believes the best option is cutting meat out all together because of all the additives.

It's a real interesting book. I'm still reading through it, but Neal is real intelligent. He talks about studies and research done on food to break down what is added in our food. You would be surprised that some studies of the brain show that certain foods act as a drug, much like some illegal drugs taken for pleasure, which has us returning for more. I first saw him on public television while on vacationing in Florida, so I decided to give his book a try. If I could eat healthier not just for me, but for my family as well that would be a huge step for me. It's the reason I decided to read this book and hope to gain some knowledge from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment