Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Jobless Opportunity

As a stay-at-home mother, one thing has become a problem... I have gained extra unneeded pounds that have become hard to shed. It started during my pregnancy I gained forty pounds while pregnant then I tacked on another thirty over the last six years.

I came to the realization that this is my own fault. At first, I would blame my job and losing it. I had myself believing that because I was no longer working that I had nothing better to do than eat, sleep, and watch television. It occurred to me that I was so very wrong. I had nobody to blame but myself. The excuses need to stop. I need to figure out why I do all of this emotional eating and get my life on track again. I used to be very healthy and work out all the time. Even now, I make excuses for knee injuries that happened from a car accident some ten years ago. Yes, my knees hurt all the time but, no, it doesn't mean I cannot workout. I have found that walking or using the elliptical trainer doesn't bother them as much. It's all about making sacrifices. I've also been told that I cannot receive knee surgery until I shed some weight.

I need and want to lose weight. I know in the long run it would be better for me and my family. So, I've begun a quest to do so. First though, I plan on reading some books to familiarize myself with losing weight. I'm not a doctor, so I can only take my doctor's advice. He has recommended The South Beach Diet, but I also own a couple of other diet books (that are collecting dust). I plan to read these and try each diet out, see which works best for me.

In my little weight loss adventure I decided to start a blog. I will link any information I run across in regards to dieting or if I find any information in the books I read I will give a little post on some quotes. It's not just for me to remember, but for others as well. I will, also, give updates on how I am feeling that day, whether it be from emotions or if it has to do with the diet I am following.

No comments:

Post a Comment