Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Going Without Breakfast

This has to be the worst thing to do...not eat breakfast. Today I have not been feeling so well, but after I dropped off Allison at school I realized that I was very hungry feeling, despite how icky my stomach was feeling. Well, the husband asked me to hit the grocery store after I dropped her off. We haven't gone in a while and stock was getting low. I bought so many snacks that were absolutely unnecessary. After I got home and rested for a bit I realized the errors of my way. I felt like the old me..buying anything and everything because it looked yummy.

Well, they weren't super bad snacks. I got chewy granola bars, so I'll just make sure to toss them into Ally's bag for lunch and snack at school. She likes them. I got donuts too. Gah! My husband will devour those. I'll tell him to take them to work with him.

So, lesson learned - if you are starving get something in your stomach before you browse those grocery aisles. You will more than likely pick up things because you are hungry, which isn't a good thing. If you have to run out the door without something then try grabbing an apple or a banana, something quick and easy to munch on before you step into the grocery store.

While I was standing in line I sparked up a conversation with the cashier because she mentioned that she was starving. I agreed with her and mentioned how I shouldn't be purchasing half of this. Her reply was "Imagine working here when you are hungry." Ouch...that must really suck. It got me thinking. I'm not sure a grocery store would be a good place for me to work, not someone that is trying to be healthy and lose weight.

I did get fruit and gluten free whole grain waffles from the health food section, so I didn't strike out hard, but some of it was still unnecessary purchases.

By the way, those waffles in the health food section are so yummy! If anyone needs a quick fix for the mornings. They have a touch of honey added to them, so you don't even need syrup on them. I like to toss blueberries or strawberries on top of them. They are delicioso! It's exactly what I had when I got home. It only came to a whopping 301 calories, which is great! That's exactly around where I short for in calories when I eat breakfast.

Quote of the day: "The most important things to do in the world are to get something to eat, something to drink, and somebody to love you." – Brendan Behan

I think it should be "The most important things to do in the world are to get something healthy to eat, something to drink, and somebody to love you." Like how I tossed in healthy? ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment