Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's For Dinner Tonight?


For dinner tonight I made a pork roast, vegetable medley, and a baked potato. It was all simple. The hardest part was cutting the garlic and peeling the layer of screen away. I find that making slits into the pork roast and putting garlic cloves down into the slits makes it really, really tasty. Then I put it into the oven at a temperature of 350 degrees. It typically only has to cook for a few hours, but I had a large roast, so it took more like 4 to 5 hours. The first hour I let it cook sitting on a rack inside a roast pan, so the drippings fell to the bottom. I didn't cover the meat, until about an hour of cooking. I then placed aluminum foil loosely over the meat. The vegetables were easy as well. I tossed them frozen into a bowl, covered them with a plate then put them into the microwave for about 4 minutes. Voila~ They were steamed to perfection.

It was a really easy meal. It's a favorite in my household. I actually got the idea of putting garlic cloves into my pork roast from my mother-in-law. She's an exceptionally good cook. I go to her whenever I need a good recipe.

I got my workouts in today. I did the HIIT 25 and Sculpt 30, which are TurboFire workouts. They were so intense. I absolutely love them. Not to mention how motivating that Chalene Johnson is. She makes you feel like you can accomplish anything if you just put the positive thought into your head. I believe it. I've done a lot of positive talking to myself lately. It seems to be paying off.

So, the next time you find yourself saying you can't do something take a little breather and change your mindset to a positive thought. Then keep repeating it until it's stuck in your brain. I promise, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment