Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

If I can do it, so can you

Let me tell you that I have always been a very lazy person. I hate to do house chores. I hate to exercise. The only thing during my middle and high school days that kept me active was sports. It was the only thing that was remotely interesting to me. I was very competitive - still am, and I loved the feeling of the crowd cheering for me. As I get older those things aren't there anymore. I don't have a crowd cheering for me to clean the house or cheering for me to finish my workout, but I have started to cheer for myself. I tell myself I can do this and get myself motivated before I step into a workout.

Today I had to do just that thing. I was up at 5 am to do my workout because I knew if I did my workout after I finished work it would either not happen or it would not have much intensity behind it, so I have to do my workout first thing in the morning. It's different for everyone, but this is how I feel and accomplish my daily goals.

It really is all about pumping yourself up and getting the motivation. Let me tell you that I cannot express how important it is to get your head set into the right state of mind before beginning a workout. It's all psychological. If you set yourself up for failure, you will fail. If you set yourself up to win then you will win. I set myself up for failure many, many times. It is why that I had gained so much weight, but now I've lost 30 pounds, and I promise that you can do it too if you set out with a positive attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment