Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pound by Freaking Pound

Weight loss can be a slow process. I would know. I've been dieting for years and years...since I was like twelve. I hate the up and downs, and I just want to find something that will keep me healthy and on track. Well, I'm hoping I have found it. I wouldn't have guessed that I wouldn't miss taking meat out of my everyday diet, but it seems to have settled in a lot easier than dropping carbs.

Then I got to thinking about it, and I recall as a child I didn't care for eating meat too much. I'm still like that. It takes one gritty bite of beef or a bite of fat on chicken for me to get grossed out. It's like a few weeks ago, before I began this transformation, I had eaten a piece of fish at a local restaurant. Well, I was sitting there pulling fish bones from my mouth after like the third bite. I was so grossed out that I couldn't finish it, so I guess that's probably why it was such an easy process for me to give up eating any meat products.

On another note, I weighed myself this morning after my workout and found I had lost three pounds! I was so excited! If I keep this up I'll be at my goal weight in no time.

I've got to think Neal D. Barnard. His book has really transformed my eating habits.

Also, today is my 11th anniversary. I can't believe it. We have made a reservation at a fancy Mexican restaurant in town, which works great for me. I've found Mexican food is the easiest dishes to accommodate my new eating habits. I'm already looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment